Knowing your WHY is not the only way to be successful, but it is the only way to maintain a lasting success...
HOW CAN WE KNOW OUR WHY?
Our next step is our brand. Essentially, our "brand" is what and who people say we are. It’s the sum of both beliefs and behavior. It’s both the visuals and the experience people have of you. If we start listening to and shaping our internal culture, we can discover what those are, and that’s where we begin shaping our brand. We have spent much time and energy trying to shape our internal culture as a ministry. We feel it is time to bring into focus our external branding. Why? Adopting a missional name or brand will help us further shift our culture to one of Christ-like mission and purpose.
WHY ADOPT A MISSIONAL NAME?
Here are some reasons why we think adopting a missional name is important.
- First and foremost, we are PASSIONATE about and COMMITTED to introducing students to Jesus and helping them follow Him on the college campus and in the world.
- We already use a certain amount of INTENTIONALITY in planning, so let's carry that over to our name. Moving forward, we need to strive to be absolutely clear and sure that the life and culture of our ministry intentionally models our mission.
- A clear brand and mission enables us to BETTER COMMUNICATE our vision and the focus to college students, to ATU, to the West Side Church of Christ, and to current and future partners.
- A missional brand will help us LEAD OFF conversations with current and incoming students with our purpose.
- We will be better able to develop our missional brand as part of our STORY — the narrative we are trying to tell as a ministry. A story we invite all students (churched, unchurched, seeking, etc) into.
- It is said that language creates culture. Without a COMMON LANGUAGE, it’s hard to be effective. A common language and name that is communicated often and with intention will lead to student buy-in and clarity of mission.
- When a ministry aligns itself with one vision, people pull together for that purpose, giving the ministry a tremendous amount of momentum. In our case a RENEWED MOMENTUM!
CAN WE FOCUS OUR MISSION?
Many ministry mission statements are a page long, with many scriptures and goals. Those are good but it is often difficult for people to carry that around internally and live it out for the community. So, can we simplify and define who we are in one sentence?
RENEWING THE CALL TO FOLLOW CHRIST ON CAMPUS & IN THE WORLD